Google stores all sorts of information about every movement across the internet and people’s habits, as most people now search via Google.
Google stores this information for 9 months!
There have been other stories written about this recently that would suggest that there are other motives behind doing so rather than just being “helpful”.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Google Analytics Throws A Bone To Privacy Zealots (regulargeek.com)
- Facebook capitulates to privacy storm, simplifies (trueslant.com)
- Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg Talks About New Privacy Controls (Live Blog) (readwriteweb.com)
- Conroy transcript shows depth of attack on Google ‘hypocrites’ and ‘rogue’ Facebook (mumbrella.com.au)
- Google Keeps Track of Where You Have Been With Service (marketingpilgrim.com)
- Two cheers for Facebook’s privacy reforms (blogs.ft.com)
- Ballmer on Facebook Privacy: Zuckerberg One of “Good Guys” [Voices] (voices.allthingsd.com)
- The Facebook Privacy Changes (e1evation.com)
- Facebook simplifies privacy settings (sporkings.com)
- Facebook’s open disdain for privacy (blogs.ft.com)